Most of the SMEs, especially the small enterprise are usually the owners doing the follow ups or picking the calls, and not their sales people. Maybe the owners feel that their staffs are not motivating enough, or that the business do not have a commission system for the sales staffs, this is up to the owner to decide. These set of procedures will help the local business and our clients increase in their sales.
The Follow Up Process
1) Greet and Ask Permission To Continue. Most sales people in Singapore who make calls to their clients, do not greet and ask to continue. You see, the one who is calling is interrupting the one who is picking up the call. If the receiver do not have time to listen to what you are pitching, then the caller will be angry if you continue.
2) Set Appointment Only, Not Close The Sale. A lot of sales people make a huge mistake of wanting to close sale on the receiver. Even though they came to the business website, fill in their details and information to indicate their interest, does not mean that want to be close. The follow up sales process via phone is to set appointments only, the chances of closing is higher if you meet the customer face to face.
3) Send Reminder To Confirmed Appointment Clients. We would recommend sending a email to the confirmed client, of the date, time and venue of the appointment. This is to reassure them that we are reliable in what we do. A reminder SMS will be good on the the date of appointment, it is good to send them 2 to 3 hours in advance SMS reminder.
4) Educate The Potential Clients. In order to educate clients about your business and your services or products, a email to remind them the date, time and venue of the appointment is a MUST, so this gives you an opportunity to educate them or pre-sell them, by sending them a report on your business products or services. You would have gather more information during the first conversation via phone, so you can send the relevant report to them, making it easy for you to close the sale at the appointment.
5) Follow Ups After Sale Closed. Most successful sales people will do a after sale follow up with the clients who used their products or services. The most simple way is to call, this can be less than 5 minutes of talking. You can also ask them to give you feedbacks, a testimony or even better referrals. You can even send them a post card for festival holiday, like Christmas or New Year. It will be better if you can send a birthday card, making them remember you for a very long time.
Above are the 5 steps to do follow up from a lead to sale, that will dramatically increase your sales for your business. Test it to find out if it works, if it works, do come back here to share in the comment below. If you find this article useful for your friends or love ones, you can share with them on Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Below are the social media buttons to help you share this article with them.